A fast growing and dynamic FMCG business based in the Gloucester area is currently recruiting for a brand new Demand Planner due to expansion. This is a full-time, permanent role reporting into the Forecasting Manager. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, 23 days holiday, flexible working and an annual performance bonus of an additional 2k.
The Demand Planner will manage the demand side of the Integrated Business Planning process, system & cycle to ensure that an accurate future demand forecast is created and supply constraints are understood and mitigated. The Demand Planner creates, maintains and alters forecast models for their customers and brands, and incorporates other information (marketing intelligence, sales input of promotions) to create the 24 month demand plan. The Demand Planner is a key pivot between sales, marketing, commercial, finance and supply/operations.
Own/Manage the Demand Planning process as part of the overall IBP process.
• Ensure that the monthly cycle of meetings and process is adhered to by all and take action where this is not the case
• Create a 15 month statistical base forecast that is updated monthly for all products/customers, and reviewed according to priority to ensure accuracy
• Demonstrate co-working with other demand colleagues, to ensure amends to forward statistical base are implemented
• Ensure inputs from marketing, sales, finance and others are incorporated into the forecast (E.g. Marketing intelligence about ATL activity)
• Ensure all agreed forecast changes are approved prior to Day 11 snapshot.
Act as a support, challenge and approver of forecast promotional/uplift volumes from the sales team.
• Approve the volume related elements of promotional activity considering likelihood to achieve uplift volume, impacts on other SKUs and known current supply side constraints
• Working with commercial planner, have an awareness of, and manage customer promotional phasing to ensure that unconstrained demand can be met on all skus (e.g. all customers promoting 1 sku simultaneously may not be feasible from operations / stock availability perspective)
• Be the gate-keeper of opportunities & risks at customer level, reviewing every cycle to maintain accuracy, driving governance around scale, % likelihood, ‘care lines’ and aggregating upwards to give a clear view of division wide R&O
Monitor and manage KPIs identifying mitigating actions for performance improvement
• Ensure that core KPIs are measured, monitored, reported and acted upon on a monthly basis.
• Customer Service Level is a shared KPI, and you will need to demonstrate an understanding of how forecast accuracy is impacting CSLs
• Ensure effective exchange of information from Demand to Operations via SRM on key changes / trends at material level to holistic brand view – cycle on cycle and against budget
• Co-ordinate and work with supply & sales teams to overcome issues (e.g. broken production line could result in the need for promotional slots to be re-phased)
• Working with operational planner, have an awareness of ‘care lines’, lead-times and capacity, and manage customer promotional phasing to ensure that unconstrained demand can be met
Update, create and maintain master data to ensure that all forecasting is as accurate as possible
• Ensure new and phase-out products are appropriately managed through SAP IBP product lifecycle management capability.
• Run master data checks as provisioned within SAP IBP pertaining to the above