A fast growing and dynamic FMCG business based in the Gloucester area is currently recruiting for a brand new Demand Planner due to expansion. This is a full-time, permanent role reporting into the Forecasting Manager. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, 23 days holiday, flexible working and an annual performance bonus of an additional 2k.
The Demand Planner will manage the demand side of the Integrated Business Planning process, system & cycle to ensure that an accurate future demand forecast is created and supply constraints are understood and mitigated. The Demand Planner creates, maintains and alters forecast models for their customers and brands, and incorporates other information (marketing intelligence, sales input of promotions) to create the 24 month demand plan. The Demand Planner is a key pivot between sales, marketing, commercial, finance and supply/operations.
• Ensure that the monthly cycle of meetings and process is adhered to by all and take action where this is not the case
• Create a 15 month statistical base forecast that is updated monthly for all products/customers, and reviewed according to priority to ensure accuracy
• Demonstrate co-working with other demand colleagues, to ensure amends to forward statistical base are implemented at the correct level
• Ensure inputs from marketing, sales, finance and others are incorporated into the forecast (E.g. Marketing intelligence about ATL activity)
• Provide all inputs required to deliver the ARM, CRM & DDRM meetings (volume/channel view), the Supply Review meeting (volume/material view)
• Ensure any constraints identified in previous cycles (e.g. supply constraints from SRM) are understood, communicated and appropriate actions taken.
• Ensure all agreed forecast changes are approved prior to Day 11 snapshot.
• Be the gate-keeper of opportunities & risks at customer level, reviewing every cycle to maintain accuracy, driving governance around scale, % likelihood, ‘care lines’ and aggregating upwards to give a clear view of division wide R&O
Monitor and manage KPIs identifying mitigating actions for performance improvement
• Ensure that core KPIs are measured, monitored, reported and acted upon on a monthly basis. Root causes known and communicated to Head of Planning, and action plans created where underperformance is consistent.
• Key KPI is forecast accuracy based on MAPE, but other measures should be tracked and reviewed (e.g. error, bias, MAD – to be defined upon go-live)
• Customer Service Level is a shared KPI, and you will need to demonstrate an understanding of how forecast accuracy is impacting CSLs
Act as point person to the supply/operations team to ensure consensus plan is achieved.
• Ensure effective exchange of information from Demand to Operations via SRM on key changes / trends at material level to holistic brand view – cycle on cycle and against budget
• Whilst it is the working principle that unconstrained demand will be met, where this is not feasible, co-ordinate and work with supply & sales teams to overcome issues
Update, create and maintain master data to ensure that all forecasting is as accurate as possible
• Ensure new and phase-out products are appropriately managed through SAP IBP product lifecycle management capability.
• Use available information to ensure correct forecast algorithm is applied to get most accurate forward month demand plan.
• Run master data checks as provisioned within SAP IBP pertaining to the above