A market leader based in the Gloucester area is currently recruiting for a Forecasting Manager, (full-time, permanent). Reporting to the Demand Planning Manager, you will be accountable for the monthly Sales & Operational end to end planning cycle (S&OP) building effective business partnerships cross-functionally with a number of internal stakeholders.
Ideally, you will have experience of Demand Planning and Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) processes or IBP. Demonstrating an analytical mind-set and system literate, you will display advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills. An energetic team player, you will possess a strong attention to detail and a logical approach ensuring monthly cycles are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Supervise Demand planning team in demand management activities.
• Lead Demand Planning Team whilst driving continuous improvement.
• Coach & develop Demand planning team through one to ones, mid-year reviews, appraisals and Personal development plans
Own/Manage the Demand Planning process as part of the overall Demand Planning cycle of
• Drive a consistent approach and continued adoption of the monthly IBP process across all Business Unit teams
• Ensure that the monthly cycle of meetings and process is adhered to by all and take action where this is not the case.
• Deliver DRM for all Business units across key stakeholders through an Agenda driven process.
• Challenge appropriately Sales teams to improve month on month forecast accuracy and share relevant customer insight with Demand Planners to support purchasing decisions.
• Approve the volume related elements of promotional activity considering likelihood to achieve uplift volume, impacts on other SKUs and known current supply side constraints.
• Work with and challenge the sales team to ensure that all uplift activity is forecast as accurately as possible.
• Ensure information known by the sales team that would impact base forecasts (e.g.EDLP, distribution gains) is communicated to the demand planner for incorporation into the forecast.
• Working in conjunction with sales team ensure that risks & opportunities are managed at customer level and aggregated upwards to give a clear view of division wide R&O
Monitor and manage KPIs identifying mitigating actions for performance improvement.
• Develop and enhance current forecast accuracy reporting across all Business units identifying key drivers to significant under/ over forecasting and making recommendations to Senior stakeholders.
• Strive for Industry leading customer Service Levels of 98.5%. Work with colleagues to identify how any shortfalls from this target can be improved upon.
• Assist in developing annual budgets and cost-effectiveness initiatives.
• Continually develop IBP routine and ad-hoc demand related reports for management
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (up to 45k) + 10% bonus, 23 days holiday + bank holidays, parking, flexible & remote working.