My client is looking for an experienced Revenues Officer with debt recovery and enforcement experience in order to join our Recovery Team for a special project looking to recover hard to collect debt. The role will be for an initial period of 3 months.
Key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Process documents for council tax payers and accounts ensure accounts are amended at the earliest opportunity
- Respond to Written Correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Process recovery administrative documents
- Attend Liability Court Hearings
- Assist in preparation of VT cases
- Dealing with Bankruptcy cases
- Respond to telephone request from Enforcement Agents
- Ensure information relating to customers for other service lines is provided at earliest opportunity
- Undertake tracing function for account payers / debtors
- Ensure the performance management tool is completed accurately and weekly performance table is provided to the line manager in a timely manner
- Play an active role in weekly and monthly employee review meetings
- Ensure knowledge is refreshed in relation to Liberata and site policies
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Good numeracy skills.
- Experience of Council Tax billing and recovery work
- Experience / understanding in meeting targets and developing own performance.
- Competency in use of various IT systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.