Pride yourself on excellent customer service skills?
Looking for a new role in which you can make a difference?
Available to commence employment in November?
Take a look below…
Trainee Debt Adviser
REED Specialist Recruitment are working in partnership with Citizens Advice to recruit for a Trainee Debt Advisor on a full time basis. No prior experience in debt advise is required so this a fantastic opportunity to develop and enhance new skills.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37 hours
This role is initially fixed until 31 March 2021 with the possibility of extension to November 2021.
Due to the ongoing pandemic some flexibility around location of work may be required, such as some home working, but it is expected that you will be within a commutable distance of the advertised role location.
We want people who are passionate about giving an effective service to those most in need. You will need to demonstrate that you can engage skilfully with clients, highly motivated strong team player with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
Once trained the role will involve:
- Explore the client’s financial circumstances and details of debts
- Identify areas where clients could maximise income or minimise expenditure
- Provide information and advice to empower clients to act on own behalf
- Explore options and implications to enable the client to make informed decisions
- Provide full support to the client from identifying the debt issue through to resolution
- An ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to training, identify own training needs and participate in continued personal development opportunities
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines using own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of people and organisations
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to carry out efficient calculations and prepare budgets for clients
- Ability to use IT for statistical recording, record keeping and document production
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team and work without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to follow agreed procedures
- Ability to work in a sensitive, enabling and non-judgemental way with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service.
- Knowledge and awareness of debt advice services
- Appreciation of the local community and social challenges in the area and their implications for clients and service provision