We have a fantastic opportunity for five Day Duty Assistant, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary role, for four days a week for the next 2 - 3 months.
Your role will be to provide a monitoring, emergency mobile response, advice and support service within a 24hr service to vulnerable adults both inside and outside Blackpool. Who are connected to the service, via communication equipment.
- To provide an out of hours contact and response service for all members of the public for all the authorities out of hours services, and to liaise with all the authorities nominated services 24 hour services on their behalf.
- You will be able to help vulnerable people keep or regain their independence, and stay in their own home with an improved quality of life.
- You must be motivated, flexible and resilient people person, who is adapt to change in a fast moving, innovative and customer focused service.
- Vitaline is the authorities Telecare Enabled service, where we are dedicated to supporting independent living through the use of advanced forms of technology available through person to person contact through our mobile responder service.
- Your role will include responding to our customers in their own home, and to liaise with other services to obtain any specific help required.
- This role also includes a lifting service for uninjured fallers, using specific lifting equipment, RAZIER Chair and lifting cushion.
- Provide standard interventions such as welfare checks, advice, guidance and direct support to service users.
- Provide an emergency response to medical and or other emergency situations to people in their own homes routinely, and in emergency situations and alongside statutory emergency services.
- Giving personal assistance to service users in distress, this may involve lifting and or administering first aid, working directly with vulnerable service users.
- Liaise and coordinate with external and internal partners, and agencies on day to day service issues.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (Essential)
- Valid First Aid Training (Desirable)
- Minimum of 6 months experience, working as a Day Duty Assistant.
- Must have up to date and Valid Moving and Handling Training
- Core hours for day duty are usually 7.00am – 22.10pm, on a rota basis for over 7 days a week. Maximum of 31.32 hours a week
- Supporting Adults with a variety of conditions, including Mental Health, and Physical Disabilities
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to service users and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system