This role is INSIDE IR35
My client is searching for a SQL Database Developer for an initial 3 month contract based in Leeds
About the project
The project is a time-limited piece of work to deliver a system that can apportion payments to organisations, based on a number of factors drawn from separate databases. It involves building a small Access front end, linking it to our main SQL databases and building a reporting dashboard and reports in QlikView.
You will be partnering an Information Analyst from the Business Intelligence Team, who has already started working on the following:
• Designing and building a stable and easy to maintain user interface (in Microsoft Access) to allow the Finance team to collect the additional data needed to perform the Financial calculations required for the project.
• Developing a SQL database that manipulates data collected in other databases, plus the additional data collected by the Finance team, to store the information and calculate the Excess Treatment Costs incurred within the Financial Year.
• Working closely with Finance Analysts, Business Analysts and the Project Manager to discuss and deliver requirements for the project.
• Support the Information Analyst in updating an existing QlikView dashboard which is used to present information and provide reports to the business. Your role will be mainly to work on the feed of data into the dashboard, but you could work on the design of the dashboard if your skills allow.
• Provide support for other general tasks related to the Business Intelligence service, if and when required
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrable experience working with SQL Server Management Studio to build relational databases, query data and write stored procedures to manipulate the data. This should include experience in performance tuning and query optimization.
• Experience working with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic, or similar, to create a user interface linked to a SQL database.
• Experience of combining data from multiple databases including financial datasets and doing complex calculations.
• Sound understanding of data quality methods and of quality assuring data.
• Comfortable explaining and communicating complicated systems, methods and findings to non-technical people.
• Working with financial data sets and presenting them in commercial business intelligence tools such as QlikView, QlikSense, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
• Knowledge of the NHS and/or clinical research.
• Desirable to have knowledge of Data warehouse approaches.
• Experience of working in an Agile environment is also desirable