|Location: London||Salary: 225.00 - 255.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3049639|
NHS department in London looking for a DBA on a contract basis, intially for 3 months.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
Skills and Qualifications
• 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Experiencing in configuring and managing SQL Always-On
• Experiencing in managing SQL 2008, 2012 and 2014.
• Experience in supporting reporting services, analysis services and integration services.
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
This position sits in the Infrastructure team, so knowledge around this is also required. If you have the relevant experience please apply with your latest CV.
30000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SWANSEA, WEST GLAMORGANRead more
13.59 - 13.59 GBP Per Hour
NORWICH, NORFOLKRead more
31000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
LEWES, EAST SUSSEXRead more