I’m recruiting a Database Administrator (remote working) for a permanent role with my client in Cardiff. The salary is circa £40,000 + benefits and AWS experience is essential along with either Oracle OR MySQL.
Reporting directly to the DBA Manager, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the complete lifecycle of all databases in the organisation. The Database Administrator will have a proven technical background in one or more database technologies on both Windows and Linux based operating systems.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Support all internal/external product database environments, developers and database application releases.
• Commissioning of any new database services (on premise and cloud).
Design, configuration & implementation of:
• Database infrastructure
• Database Networking
• Database storage
• Monitoring/reporting tools
• Database backups
• Disaster recovery
• Perform database recovery as and when required.
• Database patching and upgrades to ensure systems are up-to-date and secure.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Recommend new tools and techniques that will aid productivity.
• Perform large scale data extracts and imports.
• Provide advice on good database practices.
• Assist service delivery team with any technical database issues.
• Provide training/guidance on database technologies to other teams within the organisation.
• Assist the development team with applying database releases.
• Participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required.
• *Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the Database Administrator may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
• 2 years + Oracle or MySQL Database Administration experience in a commercial environment (essential)
• Experience in Oracle RDBMS
• Knowledge in one or more of the following database technologies:
MySQL (AWS Aurora) / PostgreSQL / Redshift / SQL Server
• Windows server – 2012(R2) / 2016 / 2019
• Excellent knowledge of SQL
• Experience of monitoring tools such as Grid Control / Cloud Control / CloudWatch / Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer