REED in Teesside are currently representing a Darlington based financial services organisation who are looking to recruit a permanent, full time Data Protection Officer to join their Governance team.
A competitive salary up to £70,000 (dependent on experience), eligibility to join the Annual Bonus Plan with potential on-target bonus of 15%, pension scheme and 31 days A/L plus bank holidays. This role is home based!
You will ensure that processes of the personal data of its data subjects is in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. You will also be responsible for implementing a data protection strategy across the business which will incorporate policies, processes and procedures including the Data Protection Policy.
You will have
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of providing expert advice regarding data protection including interpretation and methods of application as well as have experience of overseeing and undertaking audits that provide assurance on data management and compliance with policies. You will have managed data breaches and other issues relating to the processing of personal data to the
My client are looking for strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills as this role will communicate often with a broad range of stakeholders across the business as well as the Board. You will take a proactive approach to data breach management and have the ability to advocate and promote data protection best practice whilst being robust when engaging with the business.
Other key duties:
- Ensure appropriate data protection strategy in operation including policies, processes and procedures across the
business, including the Data Protection Policy.
- Identify and evaluate current data processing activities and the maintenance of records of processing operations
- Provide domain expert advice regarding data protection including interpretation and methods of application, ie, Data
Protection Impact Assessments
- Ensure audits are undertaken to provide assurance on data management and compliance with policies
- Ensure data protection training and awareness programmes in place for the business and employees
- Manage data breaches and take ownership for all issues relating to the processing of personal data to the regulator
- Take ownership for approvals relating to personal data processing including collection, handling, data subject requests
complaints, non-UK processing e.g outsource.
- Report to the Board on data protection strategy and compliance