Data Architect sought by a large and respected business with offices in London. The role will be part if a newly formed architecture team and will focus on all Data architecture.
Purpose of the role:
The role enables the business to embrace the beneficial use of data for enterprise purposes. Defines, in collaboration with IT Product Owners and wider business stakeholders. Technology capabilities required, roadmap, plans, platforms, integration, guide rails and governance. Governs and assures delivery, maintaining roadmaps and plans.
- Develops vision, principles, strategy and roadmap for Data, covering people, process and technology.
- Operates and is seen as a strategic thought leadership with respect to enterprise and research data products and solutions, working closely with leading vendors.
- Invests time in ensuring they are up to date with the latest data technologies and techniques.
- Leads the technical design of data systems and services.
- Oversees the implementations of data related technologies and controls.
- Oversees the design of multiple data models and has a broad understanding of how each model fulfils the needs of the business.
- Owns and is accountable for the definition of the organisation’s data strategy.
- Champions data architecture across government and set the standards and ways of working for the data architecture community.
- Responsible for making sure that organisation’s systems are designed in accordance with the data architecture.
- Responsible for taking the organisation forwards in its use of data and technological capabilities.
- Experience working within data architecture
- Demonstrable experience developing solution architectures in big data, analytics and data engineering platforms within a large organisation
- Significant experience of product selection processes including market and supplier engagement, requirements capture and formal procurement through RFP/RFQ’s
- Knowledge of a broad range of current and evolving IT technologies, architectures and delivery models
- Demonstrated deep subject matter knowledge of data management and analytics
- Deep understanding of the current and evolving data landscape
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead others and persuasively communicate complex technical information effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders, including those without a technical background, resulting in productive working relationships – a “trusted adviser” to business & technology teams