Cyber Security Systems Specialist
A leading UK Children's Charity
£55,000 - £65,000 Basic Salary + Benefits
Would you like to work for one of the UK's leading Children's charities who's sole purpose is to protect and support the UK's most vulnerable children and young people? Then look no further…
My client are looking for an Information Security Systems Specialist who will be the subject matter expert for a cutting edge transformation programme in which you would be responsible for the security of the Infrastructure and Servers. You will need to have a hands on approach to system security and a deep understanding of cloud security, concepts and design.
This particular role will require you to work closely with colleagues who are focused on Information Security best practice frameworks such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS to ensure all new and existing IT systems comply with all current and future regulatory requirements.
This is a prime opportunity to drive new technology solutions in to service at the same time as maintaining the review, development and definition of security processes in order to protect the highly sensitive data that comes with a client who operate in this particular space.
Key duties for this role include:
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure team – owns and is accountable for Storage, Server Systems, Network and Security infrastructure architecture
- Ensure technical design adheres to the strategic Enterprise Architecture and best practice
- Inspire a mixed team to achieve high levels of networking and system engineering excellence.
- Aid the Senior Infrastructure Specialist in taking a holistic view to identify and reduce the scope of existing live IT systems, services, applications and operations as replacement products become available, both to reduce complexity for the user and costs.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Work with IT Management on key activities and projects
- Participate in architecture reviews, define, create and maintain policy and system documentation of Server Systems, Networking and Security technology standards, processes to support compliance activities
- Feed into project requirements, understanding business drivers, assisting translation of business requirements into appropriate solutions
- Lead team development and engagement activities, working closely with colleagues, head of section, other areas of the business and external partners
Candidate Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of security systems, threat mitigation and solutions
- Knowledge of ethical hacking and system hardening and integrity
- Experience of supporting and maintaining secure systems across multiple diverse technology stacks standard across enterprise IT operations including (but not limited to) Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Gsuite), Linux, WIFI, switches/routers, email and security systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working with in-house and third-party development and operational services teams
Experienced candidates may have held the following job titles; Information Security Analyst, IT Security Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, InfoSec Analyst, CyberSec Analyst, Cyber Assurance Analyst, Security Assurance Analyst, IT Assurance Specialist, IT Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Risk Analyst, Junior IT Security, Junior Cyber, Junior Information Security