REED Recruitment have partnered with a well established freight and haulage business to recruit for a Customs Compliance Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to manage their customs team and develop their career within the transport and logistics sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the company’s compliance with Revenue requirements
- Import and export customs entries & management of same inclusive of carrying out internal audits of customs entries to ensure the correct details have been entered and the appropriate amounts of VAT & duty are being applied & collected
- Ensure standards are being met by members of the team on an ongoing basis and that all Customs employees you are managing are adhering to Customs requirements
- High level of experience in Customs tariffs/valuations
- Offer support and guidance relating to the preparation and submission of complex declarations
- Drafting and implementing policies and procedures
- Generating reports relating to performance of team members, duty etc.
- Dealing with relevant customs officials regarding imports
- Creating and discharging documents as well as training team members to a high standard
- Strong ability to interpret changes in requirements and implement necessary changes
- Managerial duties
Managerial/supervisory experience within a Customs/import focused environment
A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Professional, positive, and focused approach
Confident and experienced in meeting strict timelines while ensuring all policies and procedures are followed
Qualifications & Experience:
Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, IFMS - experience using bespoke internal systems would be advantageous)
Highly efficient, motivated, and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks in order of urgency