Reed Procurement & Supply Chain are currently looking to recruit for one of our leading clients in the Chelmsford area.
This position requires the ongoing local development, implementation and management of the import and export Customs compliance functions for the assigned locations. The role demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and a strong Customs compliance expertise. The Customs Compliance Officer will support the locations in managing customs procedures for imports and exports, interacting with all of the various functional areas, the designated Trade Compliance Leads for the assigned locations, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) office.
• Responsible for ensuring effective import and export Customs compliance at multiple business units falling under their assigned scope, in accordance with domestic and foreign import and export laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate customs compliance policies and procedures.
• Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for Customs compliance.
• Establish and maintain Customs compliance procedures and program documentation, including import and export instructions, documentation; trade data points such as HTS classification, country of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; forwarding agent management; recordkeeping; audits and training.
• Act as Customs compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
• Review Customs entries for accuracy and compliance with customs regulations and CITC policies and procedures.
• Provide quarterly and yearly reporting of relevant trade compliance data to CITC.
• Conduct regular Customs compliance training for senior management, engineers, scientists, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in import and exporting.
• Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action, as required.
• Assist Corporate Legal- International Trade Compliance Office with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with customs laws and regulations.
• Attend the Corporate International Trade Compliance annual conference
• Attend external third-party Customs training seminars as required
• Other trade compliance duties as assigned
• Flexible availability when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
No specific qualifications but a university degree expected and at least 5 years of directly related experience and/or training. Experience of operating FTA advantageous.
Specific Customs Compliance Experience
Practical experience implementing import trade compliance programs is mandatory.
Extensive knowledge of UK and EU Customs and experience with freight agents essential.
Experience in Preferential Origin qualification, evaluating MSS Data, Binding Tariff Information (“BTIs”), and Customs Special Procedures a plus.
Please note this role is a 6 month FTC