A leading transport organisation based in Lisburn are seeking an experienced Customs Broker to join their expanding team, to support their clients in Post-Brexit Customer.
Hours of work: Permanent/Full Time 40 hours
SALARY: £25-£30k depending on experience
The successful candidate will receive full training with the potential to progress and be accredited with a professional qualification.
Duties will include:
- The processing of UK and EU Customs Actions with a high attention to detail, while working as part of a team.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies with Clients
- Reporting discrepancies and maintenance of records
- Support in compliance testing
- Interface between Customs operation and company’s Transport Dept.
- Liaising with Hauliers and other stakeholders
- Assistance with compilation of information for month-end, customs & revenue and for auditing procedures
- General Administrative tasks
- Previous experience in a UK and/or EU Customs office
- A working knowledge of Brexit, Customs procedures and International Trade
- Familiarity of Port Health and Products of Animal Origin
- Processes and auditing in an office environment
- Knowledge of Database and Inventory Management systems
- Ability to summarise and disseminate knowledge and information.
- Five GCSE’s or equivalent minimum with strong Maths and English.
- Strong IT skills especially Microsoft Office 365
- Good communicator with fluency in English
- Aptitude to learn new skills and ability to take direction.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
Previous experience working in customs, Teamwork, Logistics.