Customs Brokerage Manager
A leading transport company based in Lisburn are seeking an experienced Customs Brokerage Manager to join their expanding team.
Hours of work: Permanent/Full Time 40 hours
SALARY: £40k - £50k depending on experience
Additional Benefits TBC
The Customs Manager will focus on the technical and operational side of this new venture. It will also focus on customer relationships to provide expertise and guidance to help them streamline all customs processes.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside senior management to develop and implement customs strategy.
- Developing the customs offering to maximize the service provided.
- Developing recruitment and training strategy
- Finalising the setup of Customs Bureau
- Dealing with issues during set up.
- Testing and Development of Software Systems
- Liaising with customers to continually streamline Customs processes.
- Advising on Commodity Codes, Incoterms, etc.
- Determining appropriate tax and tariff arrangements
- Training and management of staff who will be making the declarations.
- Experience in making customs declarations on behalf of customers.
- Fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations
- Maintain knowledge and keep up to date of changes as they occur.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with agencies and customers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely.
- Although you will work as part of a team, a Customs Clearance Clerk needs to be self-motivating and be able to organise their work effectively and maintain records.
- Computer literate to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry – experience with Thyme-IT as advantage