Senior Customs Broker
Full time, permanent
Salary - NEG DOE
Would you like to work for one of the world’s leading shipping/Log companies?
Is working for a company that puts an emphasis on the development and progression of its staff and actively promotes from within?
This company is one of Reed Shipping’s longest standing clients, we know this company very well and have seen many people start long and successful careers here. If you are seeking job security, corporate benefits and to work for a company that puts a lot of emphasis on staff development, this is the perfect role for you!
• To arrange for all clearances in a timely and effective manner whist ensuring compliant with HMRC regulations.
• To make recommendations to the CSV Manager for any service improvements or further business expansion opportunities and to highlight any service failings by third party contractors.
• Work closely with wider team to ensure clearances completed as per customer requirements and communicate Customs issues in a timely manner whilst also ensuring monies collected prior to delivery where required.
• To ensure that any questions/queries arising from all global internal colleagues or customers are responded to effectively and in a timely manner.
• Attending industry seminars to network / maintain knowledge.
• An excellent understanding of Customs regulations
• Previous customs experience within the shipping and/or freight forwarding industry.
• Knowledge and experience of using Chief, Destin8 and CNS
• Good Analytical, numerical and attention to detail skills
• Good communication skills