An exciting opportunity has arisen providing maternity leave cover as a Customer Services Representative until the end of June 2021.
The role, reporting to the Internal Sales Manager, is primarily responsible for providing professional, competent sales, customer service and support to customers within General Sales.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Efficient and effective handling of the entire sales and order process, in accordance with the Company standard operating procedures
- Proactively managing orders through the standard order process
- Negotiate (where necessary) suitable purchase pricing and delivery times to maximise margin and customer expectations.
- Closely monitor buying and selling prices to maximise margin and keep a clear record of these on the system.
- Proactively work with the Internal Sales Engineers, Area Sales Managers and Product Support Specialist, to retain all current business and win new business, ensuring communication is clear and recorded within the system.
- Ensure customer purchase orders are processed in accordance with the company guidelines.
- Manage the complete supply chain. Pre-empt potential bottlenecks and proactively ensure there are no delays to the customer
- Acknowledge protracted delivery dates proactively, utilising reports generated from the system.
- Assist the Documentation Specialist with documentation requirements when workload is high.
- Work with the department manager on other projects and assignments where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Must have experience working either face to face or over the telephone with customers within an office environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to communicate confidently with both internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Excellent literacy and grammar skills are essential.
- Must be disciplined and skilled in time management.
- Must be pro-active with a flexible, can-do attitude and willing to work additional hours where workload permits.
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Must have a high level of accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively prioritise and manage workloads.
- Must be computer literate with a high level of competency on Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.