Are you looking for a new job?
Are you available immediately?
My client, a fantastic reputable business on the outskirts of High Wycombe are currently recruiting for a Housing Team Leader.
This is an initial two/three month temporary assignment but could become permanent. Car park on site!
- To lead, manage, and develop a high performing team delivering excellent customer focussed housing services including tenancy management, lettings tenancy changes, mutual exchanges and management moves
- To ensure that all staff are managed, developed and empowered, and that regular monitoring is undertaken as per the performance management framework.
- To manage and report on performance against targets, taking timely and effective action to address underperformance against these targets reporting to the Senior Regional Housing Operations Manager.
- To lead recruitment activity for the Housing Team. Manage and train new team members to assist them to achieve optimum levels of performance and effectiveness
- Design, develop and implement performance and development plans for all team members focused on achieving a high-performing and motivated team of professionals, who are focused on achieving team and organisational goals
- To monitor and manage all breaches of tenancy, ensuring that cases are managed in line with policy, regulatory guidance and legislation
- To authorise legal action within the level of authority, supporting the team to serve notices and attend cases in court in relation to tenancy breaches as required
- To support effective case management, providing technical advice, guidance and support, and keeping abreast of key legislative and good practice developments
- To investigate and respond to formal customer complaints and MP enquiries
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of leading, motivating and managing a high performing team - E
- Experience in the delivery and development of a high-quality Housing Management service
- Experience of developing a performance management culture in a customer focussed service organisation
- Knowledge of current issues in housing, including housing and estate management and tenancy sustainability
- Knowledge of relevant housing law, regulation and good practice
- Knowledge of multiple housing tenures including shared ownership, leaseholder, temporary housing, assured and assured shorthold tenancies and fixed term tenancies -
- Experience of investigating and responding to complaints
- Ability to provide a responsive efficient service which is underpinned by quality and value for money
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate self and others, and have experience of performance management
- To support the Senior Regional Housing Operations Manager in policy and procedure development, and the delivery of service improvements
- To develop and maintain great working relationships with our Development Team to ensure the smooth handover of new properties
- To participate in out of hours escalation cover to support customers and staff including out of hours meetings and events
This is an incredible rare opportunity so please apply now if you’re interested and believe you are suitable!!