This is an opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Manager to join a market-leading business at its UK Head Office based on the Surrey / Hants border. The working environment is excellent (including subsidised onsite staff restaurant) and benefits include pension, life assurance, private healthcare and private dental. Free onsite parking is provided. In this role, you will be providing strategic leadership, leading and developing the customer service team, and embedding a coaching culture, to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing a customer service team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures
- Creating a culture and processes which achieve the business goals and objectives with regards to delivering outstanding customer service
- Designing and implementing structured customer satisfaction feedback metrics
- Empowering the Customer Service team to resolve customer issues
- Promoting a right first-time approach
- Driving better sales through service
- Using customer insight and root cause analysis to identify customer service improvements and present these to the senior team
- Acting as the ‘Voice of the Customer’
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities
- Accountable for ensuring full regulatory compliance and legal requirements (consumer rights and product liability) and identification of any potential risk issues
- Managing resources to meet business objectives and service level agreements
- Working effectively with all stakeholders in Sales, Operations, Demand Planning, Warehouse and Finance to deliver customer improvements
- Continually developing improvements and leading on successful change projects
The successful candidate will already have acquired substantial Customer Service team leadership and management experience, together with business acumen, reporting and financial skills. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to develop strategies and solutions, and to drive change management and process improvement.