We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Care Officer in the Children’s Services, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to provide accurate information and advice regarding services available to children and families, from the early help services and children’s social care including partner agencies, early help offer and commissioned services.
To provide a single access point for referral to all services.
To resolve and deal appropriately will all referral to early help and children’s services.
Identify referrals where there are safeguarding concerns requiring social work assessment for appropriate response.
Complete appropriate documentation both manually and electronically with relevant information, to identify service stream for assessment and or decision making.
Adhere to Safeguarding Children’s Board, agreed threshold criteria for assessment and provision of services.
Liaise with all agencies connected with children and families, gathering information as required to ensure an appropriate response and where needed intervention is provided.
Recognise emergency safeguarding situations which need immediate response and deal with appropriately, with clear pathway to children’s social care for social work intervention and assessment.
Comply with internal policy and procedure
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Customer Care Officer experience
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, young people, carers, families and other senior professionals.
- Full time 36 hours a week Monday to Friday
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system