My client is seeking a part time Credit Controller / Accounts Assistant to help support the finance team 22.5 hours per week.
You will be responsible for credit control, sales ledger processing, purchase ledger processing, journals and petty cash. Providing all round accounts support to the FC .
Ideally three full days per week - 22.5 hours per week, but flexible on this.
This role is a temporary to permanent position.
What will I be doing?
• Maintaining the sales ledger including:
• Opening new customer accounts in accordance with Company rules.
• Setting and keeping under review customer credit limits.
• Posting customer receipts and arranging bank deposits of customer cheques.
• Posting recharge invoices and rebate credit notes.
• Calculating customer prompt payment rebates.
• Assisting in the resolution of customer invoice queries
• Performing debt collection activities including:
• Sending monthly statements to customers.
• Maintaining the stop list
• Chasing overdue payments by a mixture of telephone, email and letter
• Referring unpaid debts to solicitors if necessary.
• To assist the Reporting Accountant and Finance Director with ad-hoc exercises that may arise from time to time.
• To assist with reception and general administration duties as and when required.
What will I need to apply?
Previous sales ledger / credit control experience is essential and additional AP and all round accounts knowledge will be an advantage. A working knowledge of SAP would also be desirable but not essential.