A brand new position has arisen with my client who is looking for a Credit Controller to join their small Accountancy team in Rotherham on a permanent basis. This role reports directly into the Financial Controller.
My client was established 10 years ago and is linked into the construction & manufacturing sector they have over 80 employees and have a turnover of approximately £10 million.
- Build strong client relationships.
- Chase clients by phone, letter and email and reducing debtor days.
- Maximise cash collection through pro-active and reactive collection techniques ensure the timely generation of all client invoicing and chase customers by telephone and email to agreed payment terms.
- Assist in allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Process and generate reminder letters and monthly statements on a timely basis.
- Identify customer disputes at an early state and process promptly to ensure resolution.
- Ensure all client payment terms are adhered to.
- Follow a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures.
- Review and ensure the timely completion of Bank reconciliations on the sales ledger. Ensure all client invoicing requirements are adhered to in line with agreements
- Work closely with sales and manufacturing teams to ensure that accounts that fall in arrears are dealt with immediately.
- Maintain and update the cash forecast on a daily basis
- Minimum 3 years of credit control experience
- Demonstrate that debtor days have been reduced
- Preferred background or experience of working in construction or manufacturing
- Sage 50 experience
- Experience of working autonomously