You need the passion to develop and the skills to streamline. We don’t want a ‘yes person’, we want someone who has the confidence to challenge. Are you a credit controller with that little extra something?
This is the perfect opportunity for the right candidate to jbuild a rewarding and meaningful career in a business that recognizes drive and rewards talent and pro-activeness.
This role is near the outskirts of Taunton. Please take this into consideration when applying.
They can start the right person ASAP, working from home and onboarded remotely.
• Supporting recovery of over 400 accounts
• Cash allocation and reconciliations
• Liaising with the internal departments for commercial needs
• Working towards monthly cash and debtor day targets
• Providing monthly management information
• Assisting in setting up and improving team processes
• Ensuring customers are invoiced correctly and on time
• Creating and sending customer invoices with the correct information to allow customers to pay on time
• Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
• Checking customer's credit situation
• Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
• Propose 'write off' of irrecoverable receivables
• Meet agreed cash & debtor day targets
• Send out monthly client statements/letters
• Perform credit checks and monitor client risks
• Liaise with sales/ project/ quality departments so that credit issues are resolved smoothly
• Respond promptly to both client and internal inquiries
• Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
• Provide input to any process improvement of the credit and AR process
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Cash / Credit Manager or the Finance Director
• Inquisitive mind; always wanting to understand the “how” and the “why”
• Previous experience in a relevant role
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work to targets
• Strong organisational skills
• Team player
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• The ability to interpret, analyse and understand large amounts of data
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Due to the current situation, interviews will be conducted remotely via video call. The business can onboard you remotely and conduct all training online. You'll be working from home initially, with a phased return to the office once it's safe to do so.