Reed Accountancy are working with a well established and reputable law firm located within Sheffield, who are looking for a Credit Controller to join their vibrant finance team.
Remuneration: £24,000, free parking, generous holiday entitlement, genuine career progression
The role of the Credit Controller, is to facilitate and take ownership of the invoice audit, submission and invoice query management & collections for specific clients and/or offices. Credit Controllers are also responsible for assisting managers and partners with the successful delivery of the business’s key goals and objectives, specifically around reduction of aged receivables, minimising billing errors and overall performance against both client agreed and internal SLA’s.
The primary responsibilities for this role includes, checking invoices comply with local legislation and compliance, client agreed protocols and company standards/guidelines. Ensuring invoices are submitted in a timely manner via the agreed delivery method and is supported by any additional documentation or reporting that is required.
The Credit Controller also acts as a reference point for day-to-day finance process and requirement questions relating to the clients/offices which they are responsible. Credit Controllers are also responsible for working with the client to reduce amounts outstanding and enable the client to keep within agreed payment terms and escalate/communicate where appropriate any issues that are creating delayed payments to the various business teams and partners responsible.
In addition where internal process changes or client provided information is insufficient to enable payment, these issues need to be managed and resolved in conjunction with the business by this post holder.
- Review and analyse billing information to enable submission of invoices to clients
- Manage any outstanding invoices/payments and follow-up as appropriate
- Review and analyse client submitted information to enable updates of company held information
- Work with managers to provide the necessary information to clients in a timely manner
- Direct responsibility for day to day reporting on specific client billing & accounts receivables
- Exercise judgment in identifying and escalating matters to managers attention and above, as appropriate
- Act as point of reference for finance matters to the business in relation to the client/clients responsible.
- Fluent understanding of and ability to execute service delivery according to client specific protocols and service level agreements
- Fluent understanding of billing terminology, billing reports and ability to accurately apply specific billing instructions across multiple jurisdictions
- Fluent understanding of the procure to pay functions within large corporate organisations and the inter-relation between Client, Client Services, Billing & Finance
- Develop and implements, in conjunction with managers, partners, Billing, Client Services, appropriate policies and procedures
- Fully understand specific client engagement terms and requirements in regards to liaising with the client and updating client files on the electronic database
- Works with clients and internally; to promote more streamlined invoice submission processes and where possible moves from manual to electronic methods of invoice submission like e-billing.