A key client of mine is seeking a Credit Controller to join them on a permanent basis.
- Build strong client relationships.
- Chase clients by phone, letter and email and reducing debtor days.
- Maximise cash collection through pro-active and reactive collection techniques ensure the timely generation of all client invoicing and chase customers by telephone and email to agreed payment terms.
- Assist in allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Process and generate reminder letters and monthly statements on a timely basis.
- Identify customer disputes at an early state and process promptly to ensure resolution.
- Ensure all client payment terms are adhered to.
- Follow a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures.
- Review and ensure the timely completion of Bank reconciliations on the sales ledger. Ensure all client invoicing requirements are adhered to including client distribution of invoices by the 2nd working day of the month.
- Accountable for raising of Credit Notes in 365
- Work closely with sales and operations teams to ensure that accounts that fall in arrears are dealt with immediately.
- Manage the Finance Inbox
- Maintain and update the cash forecast on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as requested
- Must have a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience within a similar role.
- Must be a high calibre individual with excellent communication skills
- Must have exemplary client relationship management skills, possess proven relationship building skills and be responsive to customers' requests.
- Must have strong IT skills, be a confident user of CRM systems with strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have a good understanding of balance sheet analysis, credit risk, financial exposure and setting credit limit
- Self-starter, professional, first class interpersonal skills with high energy and enthusiasm
- Able to workwell in a fast, changing environment
- Should be detail orientated, and highly organised
- Flexible and dynamic in their approach.
- Team player
- An excellent communicator
- Ability to work independently and under pressure