• Understands and cooperates with internal firm procedures. Comply with policies and practices including Risk, money laundering, the Firm’s office manual and regulatory requirements external to Thrings such as the SRA Code of Practice.
• Take responsibility for understanding these requirements, and promote the importance of these responsibilities to colleagues.
Understanding and Learning
• Take responsibility for achieving all forms of continuous professional development.
• Take responsibility to drive the department forward by looking at ways to improve practises.
Qualification • Qualified By Experience
Experience and Knowledge
• Ideally at least 2 years experience in a similar role, in a medium sized business.
• Exposure to professional services environment would be advantageous
Knowledge or a strong understanding of:
• Professional Services Industry
Skills / Abilities • Confident on the telephone, not reliant on emails
• Business 1st approach
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Excellent negotiator
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workload accordingly in a constantly changing and pressurised environment to ensure deadlines are met and without sacrificing quality
• Solution focussed
• Able to deliver to a high quality all of the time, attention to detail
• Proactive: identify and address problems and seek pragmatic solutions to them
• Able to give and receive feedback constructively
• Strong IT skills; adapts to information systems quickly;
• Accuracy: excellent ability to process data without errors; able to deliver to a high quality all of the time, strong attention to detail
• Initiative: can differentiate between when to take independent actions and when to seek input from the line manager, displaying sound judgement
• Flexibility: demonstrates a flexible attitude to all work activities and work arrangements with client need always the priority
Behaviours / Attitude
• Communication is clear and concise; engaged; listens well; adapts information to suit audience; assertively raises points where appropriate; able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
• Know when to make decisions, and when to seek guidance
• Take accountability for actions and is dedicated to the completion of tasks
• Demonstrate a courteous, considerate and respectful approach to others, showing appreciation wherever it is due
• Team player, take pride in the Team’s achievements and reputation
• Seek personal achievement, improvement and development in the context of the Team’s strategy
• Open and honest approach including not being afraid to admit uncertainty or mistake
• Professional at all times and promotes a high level client service