A leading UK-based law firm focused on the Private Client and Technology, Media and Entertainment Sectors are seeking a Credit Controller to join their busy Finance Department. This is a new full time role on a fixed term three month contract with the likelihood to extend. The role reports to the Revenue Controller and the work consists of credit control and assisting with billing support, including the E-billing process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking regular reviews of debt balances and responsibility for chasing all outstanding debts in accordance with the relevant processes
- Ensuring prompt reply to clients and maintaining follow up as required to ensure proper management of debts including dealing with client requests
- Updating the firm’s credit control system (ARCS) with actions, reminders, follow up notes etc.
- Processing payments via telephone
- Running monthly statement
Billing (Billing experience not required)
- Provide billing support during busy periods
- Provide support with the E-billing process
- Applicants must have previous credit control experience. Knowledge of ARCS (Accounts Receivables Collections System) would be helpful but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals and companies who owe money
- Ability to priorities and work under pressure to tight individual and team deadlines
- Flexible and professional approach
- Good team player
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills
- Flexibility towards new technologies and changes in working practices
- Good computer skills – knowledge of Aderant; and competency in using Microsoft Office including Excel and Word