New Role - German Speaking Credit Controller - Greater Manchester - Up to 26K
You must be fluent in both written and spoken German.
My client - a large clothes retailer are looking for a German speaking Credit Controller. The successful candidate will provide and effective and accurate credit control function for the department with a focus on the German and Spanish market, acting as an interface between the company and the customer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage outstanding sales balances by leveraging internal and external relationships to ensure timely payments and, if necessary, negotiating re-payment plans
- Authorise orders as appropriate negotiating/suspending credit facilities to facilitate order release as necessary
- Reconcile customer accounts ensuring payments are accurately allocated to the appropriate account and invoices
- Review new customer application forms rating them for credit worthiness and establish credit limit and terms
- Set credit limits in line with customers’ turnover and forward orders; review credit limits within the guidelines of our credit reference agencies and credit insurer
- Follow collection procedures for overdue accounts, focused on the use of telephone collection techniques through to debt collection/legal action
- Achieve agreed monthly cash in target and reconciliation of daily cash
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of credit control
- Ability to prioritise & used to managing own ledger
- Have disciplined approach to collection with ability to organise your own day
- Used to making a high volume of calls and coping with busy periods of trade
- Focus on dispute management and a “first right time approach”
- Good negotiator
- ICM student or member preferred
- German language skills essential
- Spanish language skills desirable but not essential
- Excel experience essential, with advanced knowledge and reporting capability preferable
- Numerate with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex accounts and financial reports.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role comes with an extensive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- An extra 1 day annual leave for every 3 years service up to a total of 27 days
- A discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Fantastic staff discounts
- Discounts at a variety of retailers and leisure attractions
- A company pension after 1 years service in May.
- A friendly and approachable company culture built on teamwork and respect.
- You can take a day paid to go and volunteer for a good cause.
- 3 hours off for your birthday!
- Great bus links and soon to be a new Tram link.
- On top of these great benefits we have a fitness studio, subsidised canteen & Starbucks on site, free organised company walks.
If you are interested in this role please send me an up to date copy of your CV.