Working for a top international law firm in the heart of Bristol, you will be responsible for your own clients and making sure their debt ledgers are kept low.
As a result of ongoing expansion, they are looking for 2 permanent credit controllers to join their large and busy accounts function.
The salary offered is £22,000 rising to £25,000 when additional performance and business bonuses are achieved.
Reporting to the credit control supervisor, your main responsibilities include:
- High volume phone calls & emails (internal & external) chasing the firm's debt;
- Regular contact with Partners, Clients and Fee-Earners regarding their debt;
- Dealing with queries in-line with the ISO27001 requirements (both internal and external);
- Use Innovations I4G software to manage your ledger, logging notes, queries and diary entries;
- Frequent liaison with other teams within the Finance department;
- Managing often complex account reconciliations;
- Monthly meetings with management to discuss progress and problematic issues;
- Occasional travel to other offices and minimal client visits;
- Follow the firms' collection procedure;
- Understand & manage the clients and Partners requirements;
- Seek collections which ensure cash collection targets are met;
- Confident in own ability and able to look for a resolution prior to escalating;
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols;
- Collating missing data relevant to the payment of our bills – including cleansing existing data;
- Liaising with accounts to provide and receive information to ensure data accuracy;
- Take responsibility for monthly management information, provided both internally and externally;
- Regular contact with the Sales Ledger Department to ensure cash allocations are found promptly and accurately;
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal You
- Previous credit control experience;
- Proven track record in reducing debtor days in a busy, sometimes pressured environment;
- Previous Legal or Professional Services experience advantageous;
- Experience of Elite, I4G and / or similar legal accounting systems would be an advantage but not essential;
- Microsoft Excel skills requirement, intermediate level;
- A tenacious personality able to handle sometimes difficult phone calls and meetings;
- Lateral thinker with the ability to generate creative solutions to complex problems;
- Excellent developed communication skills;
- Ability to manage high work-loads;
- A team player but able to use own initiative;
- IT literate with ability to pick up new systems quickly;
- Flexible with a positive 'can do' attitude;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Good level of spelling and grammar.
- A competitive salary
- Performance bonuses up to £3,000 p.a
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays which increase with length of service
- 5% company pension
- Private medical insurance, income protection and life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loans and many more benefits
If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for and you are an experienced credit controller, APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch as soon as I can.