My client a medium legal firm based in Central London are currently looking for a temporary Credit Controller to join their busy team on an ongoing basis. You will have Credit Control experience in either the legal sector or professional services and be able to start immediately.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for managing assigned ledgers and ensuring prompt payment of invoices as per the companies' terms.
• Delivery of monthly cash targets as set.
• Work with external clients to resolve unpaid debt, ensuring internal colleagues are involved only where absolute necessary.
• Work proactively with internal departments regarding client query resolution, setting timescales and keeping the client up to date at all times.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with both external clients and internal colleagues.
• Keep accurate notes for Manager Review and so that other members of the team can pick up and continue working during absence, including accurate debt status.
• Maintain and carry out regular data reviews of client contact data to ensure correct.
• Ensure third party details are entered correctly and invoices sent to the correct entity.
• Complex account reconciliation.
• Reviewing pre-legal accounts with internal colleagues, and supplying background information.
• Review pre-legal accounts and where appropriate agree out of court settlements.
• Responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with all staff and fee earners across the business and key stakeholders, as well as external clients.
• A team player, building strong working relationships with the Finance team and colleagues within the business.
• Work collaboratively with others to support achievement of firm’s objectives and always putting business need first
• Understands and cooperates with internal firm procedures. Comply with policies and practices including Risk, money laundering, the Firm’s office manual and regulatory requirements external to the company such as the SRA Code of Practice.
• Take responsibility for understanding these requirements, and promote the importance of these responsibilities to colleagues.
Understanding and Learning
• Take responsibility for achieving all forms of continuous professional development.
• Take responsibility to drive the department forward by looking at ways to improve practises.
• Previous credit control experience
• Confident on the phone, not reliant on emails
• Team Player
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Solution focused
Please apply ASAP to be considered for this exciting opportunity.