Job Title: Balance collections agent
Reporting to: Balance collections team leader
Location: Hammersmith, London
Working Hours: Shift based rota pattern across a 7-day week operation (Mon – Fri shift pattern to cover 8-8, one day a weekend every 3 weekends).
Operational Hours: tbc
This company is a rapidly growing online travel company, selling holidays with a value of nearly £500 million last year. The Company was ranked at the top of the Sunday Times Profit Track league table in 2019 and has finished 2nd and 10th in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table in recent years. The company primarily targets the beach holidays market. Following investment from private equity in 2018, the company has strong plans for expansion, including expanding internationally into new source markets.
This company offers various payment options on its holidays and balance collections ensure timely payment from our customers by chasing any overdue debt. The business is now looking to build an international balance collections team to support the language and time zone requirements of these new international markets – initially Nordics and US but with the potential for further markets to follow.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure cash is received in a timely manner
• Follow up on overdue international balances from customers via email and telephone
• Take payments over the phone
• Arranging sensible payment schedules with the customer within the bounds of Company policy
• Deal professionally with the customers at all times
• Ensure accurate records are maintained
• Assist the team leader to develop appropriate processes and procedures for the International Balance Collection teams to follow.
• Ad-hoc projects as required
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
• Experience in balance collections / credit control
• Knowledge of one or more of the Nordic languages would be an advantage but not essential
• Fluent in English
• Experience in travel industry will be an advantage
• Experience in a B2C industry will be an advantage
• Experience in multicurrency environment
• Used to a high volume workload with a good attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills including an exceptional telephone manner
• Self-starter, who is willing and able to take initiative
• Team player
• Organised and task focused in order to meet deadlines
If interested or require further information please email me at email@example.com