I ma recruiting for a key client of mine in the Leatherhead area. This is a position to join an ever expanding driven company as part of their five person Credit Control team. The purpose of the role is to drive the debt collection and activities for the company and reduce ageing within the aged debt profile.
• Assists Credit / Billing Manager in updating and reviewing the Daily Cash Forecast
• Ability to reconcile complex accounts.
• Takes part in a weekly review of debtors; recommending actions to be taken on all debtors as appropriate. More complicated debtors may be referred onto the line manager.
• Ensures that debtor day targets are met within the areas of responsibilities.
• Identifies collection problems at the earliest opportunity
• Manages the contact database to ensure it remains up to date
• Ad hoc duties as and when required to support Credit Manager
The role would suit a driven candidate who enjoys reconciling on large accounts. Looking for the next step up as a key support for a Credit Manager.
Skills and experience
• At least 3-5 years Credit control experience
• Critical thinking
• Good experience of Microsoft packages, especially Excel
• Problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others