Your New Job
An exciting client of ours is currently recruiting for a Credit Control Team Leader to join their expanding team. The role will offer between £25,000 and £30,00 in Milton Keynes.
Job and Responsibilities
- Management of a team of Credit Controllers, by team meetings, one to one reviews and performance monitoring.
- Resolving any queries or issues regarding Credit Control in a timely manner
- Produce and supply management information as requested
- Working to strict KPI's and deadlines
- Ensure that debts are paid in a professional, timely manner and daily targets are hit
- Ability to remain focused in a complex, pressurised environment, dealing with diverse clients in a calm assertive manner.
- Chase overdue Debt by telephone email & letters.
- Calls & call time will be monitored, therefore confidence in remote negotiation is vital.
- Understand each client’s requirements, and respond promptly to both client and internal enquiries
- Build relationships with Clients in order to maintain healthy portfolio and quickly resolve issues.
- Establish reasons for non-payment in an assertive manner.
- Allocate payments to accounts, complete account reconciliations and credits where necessary.
- A track record of successful collection and debt reduction is vital to this r.
- Have a proactive approach and work well with others
- Familiar with current credit control procedures, client ledgers, disbursements and office accounts
- Negotiation skills and assertive manner are key to success in this sector.
- Possess a good understanding of Excel, Word , Sage and Outlook
- Experience of dealing with clients at all levels.
- Ability to manage & prioritise an extensive caseload, multi task, and adapt as per the company requirements.
- Previous experience within a credit control team leader position.
- Ability to make decisions and take ownership
- Exemplary communication skills at all levels
- Good IT skills and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required, understanding of the English language and knowledge of terminology used in Credit Control.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail being paramount.
- A team player with a flexible approach
- Outgoing and confident personality whilst working together to achieve overall success, however a certain level of self-motivation and organisation is required.
- Pro-active and can set and achieve personal goals
- Ability to prioritise workload, based on the needs of the company & manage time accordingly.