Reed Education operate a busy day to day supply service across the Leeds and Bradford area, and we are looking to expand our bank of Cover Supervisors ready to support our local primary schools. We are looking for support staff who are ready to support across primary schools when they re-open and in September 2020.
Supply work will offer you flexibility- both full time and part time hours are on offer. We have a mixture of both pre-booked work and early morning calls, so we ask that applicants are available to work both. Due to the volume of work that we are anticipating we are looking for support staff who are available to work at least 3 days of supply per week.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be required to engage a class by following a set lesson plan and take responsibility for them in the short-term absence of their usual teacher. Some key responsibilities of the role include the following.
- Supervising work set in accordance with the school policy
- Student registration
- Collecting completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the appropriate teacher
- Managing the behaviour of students alongside the school behaviour policy
- Reporting back to staff at the end of the cover regarding pupil’s behaviour and any areas for development
Desired experience and qualifications.
- At least 1-year experience in leading a class as either a Cover Supervisor or Higher-Level Teaching Assistant
- L3 Teaching Assistant Qualification OR equivalent OR Education Studies Degree
- Outstanding knowledge of curriculum throughout either Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
As these are supply shifts you will be working through Reed Education. We can offer you, a hassle-free payroll process, a dedicated recruitment consultant and a personalised service. As well as competitive daily rates, refer a friend schemes and a DBS refund.
If you would like to hear more about this work, then please apply today and we will be in contact to discuss next steps.
It’s time to Love Mondays.