Title: Course Leader for Engineering
Role: Full time, permanent
Salary: £36,725 - £40, 000 per annum
Location: South Yorkshire
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the South Yorkshire.
The college are looking for a Course Leader for Engineering courses, including the delivery of apprenticeships.
About the College and department:
- Has officially been graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and is one of the leading colleges in the country.
- The department encompasses 14-19 Learner Responsive and Employer Responsive provision across Engineering, Electrical Installation and Motor Vehicle.
- The department offers an extensive range of academic and vocational programmes from Level 1 to Level 4 including higher apprenticeships and an array of additional qualifications and popular enrichment activities that are available to all students and apprentices in the department.
- All of their programmes and pathways are designed to enable students to pursue Higher Education and sector-related employment.
- The department has ambitions to meet the higher level skills agenda alongside meeting local enterprise partnership skills priorities.
- To act as a course leader for the engineering programme’s and to teach on a range of courses.
- To help set up new courses and methods of curriculum delivery and to contribute to the overall growth and development of the department.
What do you need to meet the criteria?
- Cert Ed, PGCE or Level 5 Diploma (DTLLS) or a willingness to work towards.
- Relevant Level 4 qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Level 2/GCSE maths and English qualifications (C or above)
- A minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience
- Knowledge of curriculum review, development and planning strategies as appropriate.
- Ability to devise strategies to improve attendance, retention, achievement and success rates.
- Supportive ability to give clear and constructive feedback to students to guide learning.
- Understanding and knowledge of the pastoral needs of learners
- The vision to be able to create curriculum that meets these priorities is key, also being able to develop training and courses that meet the needs of employers is a major focus for the department.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Did you know?
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on 0161 817 2682
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.