I’m currently working with an established Food Manufacturer based in Somerset to recruit for a Cost Accountant on a permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in the business at a time of change, and the role has come about due to one of the long standing members of the team’s retirement. This is a business who cares about their people, and they have already laid out their plans for this role to grow into a management role – taking on a trainee within the next 6-12 months (or as the Head of Finance described, when the post holder feels comfortable enough to take on the responsibility).
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing monthly cost centre information to budget managers across the business
- Providing analysis of proposed changes to manufacturing methods to determine their effect on cost
- Developing KPI reporting
- Analysing and summarising performance to feed into the businesses’ long term strategy
- Taking ownership of the monthly Standard Costing routines
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the organisation’s ERP system
- Investigating and reporting on variances between standard and actual costs
- Undertaking cost audits
My client would be keen to hear from you if you are a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and have a strong background within manufacturing.
Please Apply for more details