REED Finance are working in partnership with a growing, innovative organisation based in the Lancaster & Morecambe area to recruit a dynamic, driven Cost Accountant to work within the busy finance team, as well as in partnership with the engineering arm of the business.
We are looking for an effective communicator, someone that can de-mystify finance for non-finance people, as well as having the ability to gather information from all departments. Whether that be shop floor or the MD.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a cost based role, someone that can really analyse the numbers to in turn decrease cost and drive profit.
Other duties include:
- Maintaining cost structures and producing meaningful cost variance analysis.
- Developing and maintaining rolling stock forecasts and identifying variances.
- Developing and producing productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances.
- Updating standard costs for materials, labour and overheads, analysing variances between actual and standard cost.
- Preparation of monthly management report in conjunction with Head of Finance
- Production of sales reports to support the business development teams
- Design and production of weekly business KPI’s
Skills and Competencies
- Be CIMA Qualified or QBE Cost Accountant.
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Have strong IT skills proficient in using Windows, and all Microsoft packages, in particular Excel
This role will be working with a really positive and influential Finance team, so we are looking fort someone with the energy and skills to slot in to help maintain the high performance.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Shannon McGarry, Business Manager for REED Finance Lancaster for more information