My client requires a Corporate Tax Director within our rapidly expanding team, reporting directly to our Tax Partner.
My client is a leading independent firm of Accountants and Financial Advisers supporting individuals, local businesses and multi-national corporations since 1989. They offer specialist advice across our core business areas of accounting, audit and tax, business support and financial services.
• Control all aspects of the preparation and execution of engagements for clients including meetings
• Meeting with clients to understand their affairs and build relationships, dealing with all queries as they arise
• Undertake advisory work and appropriate tax planning
• Keep engagement Partner adequately informed of progress on engagements
• Supervise our expanding team and review the work of junior members
• Manage own portfolio, allocate work and monitor resource requirements
• Collaborate positively with other teams across the firm to maximise opportunities for commercial work
• Prepare invoices and monitor time on engagements to ensure a commercial return for the business.
• Bring to the attention of Partners opportunities to promote additional services to existing and potential clients
• Promote the full range of our services available to our existing and potential new clients
• Develop and maintain a personal network of contacts and represent the firm at external networking events
• Requires experience in dealing with:
• Corporate tax
• Share Options schemes
• R&D claims
• EIS and SEIS
• Capital Allowances
• Business reconstructions and demergers
• Tax advisory for selling a business
• Communicating appropriately with HMRC
• Minimum 5 years previous experience of corporate tax work within a UK practice.
• Able to complete complex corporate tax work.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
• CTA qualified.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• UK driving licence and own car.
• CCH experience
• Personal tax exposure
• VAT exposure
A highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and flexible hours is on offer with this role.
Please contact Mike Fisher if this role is of interest to you.