REED Education are excited to be working with an 'outstanding' Nursery in Sandbach who are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Nursery Cook to join their team! A much loved Nursery by children, parents and staff, joining this team will be rewarding and you'll feel the warmth from everybody at the Nursery.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Ofsted outstanding nursery, where the nursery cook is seen as an integral part of the nursery team. This position is available with an immediate start. This nursery is set within beautifully converted barns, and is set alongside a working dairy farm. With views of fields and cows grazing from the classrooms, children are encouraged to learn through play and have a 'hands on' approach when it comes to being involved.
To ensure the preparation of balanced, healthy, nutritious and tasty meals for the nursery children, adhering to the nursery’s policies & procedures and in compliance with the Environmental Health-Food Safety, Health and Safety guidelines.
Duties will include;
- Freshly preparing nutritionally balanced meals for up to 78 children per day (from ages 6 months to 11 years), following a pre-set menu, making amendments where required.
- Adhering to special dietary requirements and allergen control.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the Kitchen and maintaining accurate records as required.
- Taking responsibility for kitchen health & safety and food hygiene, maintaining the food hygiene rating of 5.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years proven catering experience
- Capable of working under pressure
- Knowledge of food preparation for special dietary needs & severe allergies
- Experience Of Working In a Kitchen or similar background in food preparation
- NVQ Level 2 (or above) in Food Preparation and NVQ Level 2 (or above) Food Hygiene, or willingness to undertake
- Ability to work under own initiative
Desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and experience of Local Authority Food Safety Inspections and regulations
- Past experience within the Early Years sector
- NVQ Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Current clean driving licence
- Training on the handling of Fire Safety Equipment
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent, 35 hours Salary dependent on experience
Working hours Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (including 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
If you think that this may be the role for you, click apply now!
Or if this isn’t the role for you, or would like to discuss what Reed Education can do to support you in the search for your next role, please contact Dominick Yates-Storey at Reed Education and apply now!
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding therefore all successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, Prohibition Check, two years' references, face to face interview and qualification checks.