My client, a global organisation based in the Brighton area is seeking a Contracts Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities include: Assisting in supervising the day-to-day management of the Commercial/Contract group and for providing guidance, direction and staff management for overall customer contract actions and internal administration. The position reports directly to the Contracts & Commercial Manager for the UK and includes accountability for proposal preparation, data fact-finding, audit, negotiations, processing of orders received within the MTMS (local IT system) and export control compliance. Customers include UK and Foreign Government Agencies, Prime Contractors and 2nd tier sub-contractors.
A major element of this role is the motivation, management and influencing of others both within and outside of the formal reporting structure.
Must be highly experienced with a complete understanding of the contracting process. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to gain the respect and trust of business leaders is required. Must support the contract / commercial group in interfacing the organization on highly significant issues relating to programs, capabilities and long-range goals.
Duties Supervise and support a team of Contract Administrators for contract management support to Government, International, and Commercial programs, in accordance with Company policies, acquisition regulations and customer requirements.
1. Supervise commercial administration team activities by providing direction & guidance as needed.
2. Preparation and submission of commercial proposals and quotations including payment arrangements and commercial response and obtaining internal approvals as appropriate in accordance with company procedures. Providing comprehensive review and recommendation of commercial terms and risk assessments for leadership awareness and comment.
3. Assist the Contracts & Commercial Manager with securing follow on business and the achievement of company order intake, sales, operating income and cash flow targets.
a. Negotiation of Contractual terms & conditions including pricing.
b. Analyse, prepare and negotiate contractual agreements such as Teaming, Non-Disclosure, Memorandum of Understandings/Memorandum of Agreements and other binding agreements as the business opportunity presents.
a. 4. Supervision and, as required, maintain company registers for quotations, orders and export control, including:
b. 5. Chairing contract and proposal reviews in accordance with company procedures. Providing direction, supervision and guidance to assure timely processing in accordance with Company policy and in support of customer expectation.
c. 6. Supervise staff in export control, including:
d. Drafting and submit export licence applications in accordance with both UK and US regulations.
e. Preparation of and issuing of import and export Customs declaration of freight agents in accordance with the import and export approvals to ensure compliance with customs duty & VAT control requirements and UK and US licensing requirements.
EXPERIENCE / ACHIEVEMENTS
• Degree in Business Administration or related field, Advanced Degree preferred
• Have at 3-5 years’ experience in negotiating, drafting, and administering complex contracts and prior supervisory experience,