Contract starting ASAP until February 2021
Based in Welwyn Garden City
A leading pharmaceuticals company that was founded in 1896 and has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry for eight years in a row by DJSI.
This company is currently recruiting for a Contract Specialist to join their Global Procurement team in the Risk, Contracts & Compliance team’s Research & Development Contracts group. You will report directly to the Senior Contract Manager be focusing on supporting Third Party Risk Management processes including contract drafting and negotiation. The position is located in Welwyn, UK.
- Understand the vision, mission and strategy of Global Procurement, Risk, Contracts & Compliance, sub-team and business partners
- Work closely with Procurement and Business stakeholders to deliver the strategy through contracting operations
- Manage outsourced business processes in a matrix structure and execute operational tasks when required to maintain service levels
- Assure issue resolution and maintain an understanding of key aspects of the business process.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of general contracting operations and applicable systems
- Advise business partners and understand the importance of issue and business partner relationship management to guarantee process and contract compliance.
- Measure metrics and KPI’s for all the related sub processes and monitor performance against established Service Level Agreements
- Support fair market value assessments through good understanding of fair market value concepts and applicable anti-kickback laws
- Apply financial concepts and terminology in contract operations.
- Execute process related communication and reporting for distribution through appropriate business channels
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, stakeholder input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Ensure negotiations are authorized and planned following requirements of all parties, alignment to organizational objectives and within limits of delegated/contractual authority
- Lead negotiations teams and guide other professionals in negotiations.
- Discuss complex terms and conditions
- Guide other professionals and advise business partners
- Gain extensive delegation of authority from Legal to approve most clauses
- Identify risks involved in the related area of responsibility and procurement.
- Ensure capability specific material and information is up to date and communicated to Procurement and business partners
- In alignment with the Capability Building function, provide content input and delivery support for process specific training to global and local stakeholders
- Extensive related business experience, with JD, PhD, or Masters
- Proficient contract management experience
- Risk management experience
- Demonstrated contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, influencing and networking skills
- Business level fluency in English
- JD or paralegal credentials or equivalent experience is desired
- Knowledge of Roche Procurement and business stakeholder policies and processes is desired
- Additional specialized professional legal, compliance or procurement-related certifications (e.g. IAPP Privacy Certification, C.P.M. or equivalent) is desired
- Experience working in a global environment is desired