|Location: CHELMSFORD, ESSEX||Salary: 40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3115241|
Construction Delivery Team Leader – External Construction
Reporting to: External Construction Manager
Location: Seax House, Chelmsford and Various sites in Essex
Role Purpose: Team Leader for the delivery External Construction services.
The role is to lead and manage the Construction Delivery Team within External Construction. The team is responsible for the delivery of ECC flood schemes, externally funded (Third Party) highway schemes and Section 106 schemes across Essex utilising internal staff, shareholder resources, external consultants and contractors as required.
You will provide clear and effective leadership and line management of the team to ensure that staff are sufficiently trained, experienced, aware of their objectives, motivated and that productivity is maximised.
You will be involved in the validation, preparation and administration of contracts, risk assessments, method statements, reports, stage reviews and updating of scheme process documents.
The role will determine required resources, programmes and costs and you will be encouraged to be innovative and introduce new ways of working.
You will assist the design team with buildability reviews and scheme designs and work closely with the commercial team to ensure all financial and contractual information is accurate, checked and available for reporting requirements.
Ensure all projects comply with health and safety legislation, Quality Management and CDM requirements and are delivered to agreed standards in the Works Information. The role involves site inspections and HSEQ audits to ensure compliance with specifications, regulations and Essex Highways / Ringway Jacobs’ standards and requirements.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Client, stakeholders, agencies, authorities and suppliers and work with them to establish new and improved ways of working ensuring that value for money is delivered. The externally funded element requires you to seek new business opportunities through private developer contacts.
You will be an enthusiastic member of the External Construction team which delivers a wider range of construction projects. The role will involve assisting other members of the team or may require work on different projects as required in the delivery of the External Construction service.
Your team may increase with time to meet scheme delivery requirements. You must be able and willing to deliver roles all roles in the team if required to meet demand. You will also be required to encourage and mentor apprentices or graduates if required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Relevant professional / Vocational Qualification with a good understanding and working knowledge of civil engineering design, delivery and construction.
• Line management experience.
• Membership of the ICE or similar professional body.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Knowledge and working experience of NEC contracts, administration and law.
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme ‘Professionally Qualified Person’ card holder preferred.
• SMSTS card holder preferred
• Working knowledge of project planning, programming and risk management.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the implementation of highway schemes and of using national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, The Highway Act 1980, Chapter 8, DMRB, MCHW, SHW and CDM 2015.
• Knowledge of Highway Authority and Local Government policies, practices and procedures.
• Good IT, written, verbal communication skills.
• Strong commercial / contractual / civil engineering innovation/ business awareness.
• Ability to deal efficiently and fairly with complex Contractual issues / Contractual Claims / CEs / Payments, and negotiate swiftly with Contractors.
• Full driving licence.
25757.00 - 25757.00 GBP Per Annum
BIRCHAM NEWTON, NORFOLKRead more
18000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
17,568.00-17,568.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
20,000.00-25,000.00 GBP Per annum
NOTTINGHAM, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
10.00 - 12.50 GBP Per Hour
BRISTOL, AVONRead more