An unmissable opportunity has arisen to join a growing construction company based local to Aston/Erdington area of Birmingham.
My client is looking for a Commercial Assistant to provide support to the Managing Surveyor and Commercial Manager.
Within this role you can enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, parking on site, great development and training opportunities and a fantastic working environment.
This role is perfect for an experienced administrator from the construction or engineering industry or a trainee quantity surveyor that wants to focus on bids and tender support.
• To assist with the sending out of Contractor tenders.
• To monitor and chase the return of tenders
• To check tendered rates against Framework Agreements.
• To assist Quantity Surveyors with contractor tender comparisons.
• To assist Quantity Surveyor with preparation of Tender Recommendation Reports.
• To assist Quantity Surveyor with processing Contractor invoices; checking against order rates, confirming works have been completed, raising payment recommendation for signature (by QS) and then issuing to clients.
• Logging and filing of invoices for reimbursement by the clients.
• Filing of commercial paperwork.
• Assisting the Quantity Surveyor with commercial administration.
• Registering of drawings and distribution to contractors.
• Provide general administration assistance to other construction teams as required.
Salary = £20-25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Benefits = Parking, pension contribution, holidays
The ideal candidate:
• Will ideally have previous construction or engineering experience though not essential
• Without specific industry knowledge you will need to have experience of administration support for tenders, bids or contracts
• Must be highly organised and can work to own initiative
• IT competent
• Ideally be a driver due to location
Does this sound like a role you could be perfect for?
If so then do not hesitate because this will be a popular position and apply today