A truly exciting opportunity has arisen to join a client based in Cambridge currently looking to add to their Conference Team. This role will suit a candidate with experience of Conference and Meeting organisation but also with a passion for sustainability.
Our client is seeking someone to develop their remote conferencing offering to include a more sustainable approach not only allowing for their clients to have a more agile approach when it comes to attending global conferences in terms of the time to travel, impact on working practices and social and environmental commitments.
This role will involve:
- Researching emerging technologies for remote delivery of talks and posters, networking and discussion groups, and interconnected hub conference designs.
- Generation of content and maintenance of the Sustainable Conferencing website and twitter account
- Sharing online conferencing expertise with conference organisers through an online forum on how to set up sustainable conferences
- Researching and driving the development (including commissioning) of sustainable conferencing apps
- Managing the external application process for funds to pilot test new technologies or their applications.
- Critically evaluating the success of projects, disseminating lessons that can be learned
- Encouraging and developing external collaborations
- Collaborating with in-house events team to align our own meetings with sustainability best practice.
- Collaboration with marketing to raise the profile of this initiative
As a successful candidate you will possess skills and experience including:
- Conference and Meeting organisation in an International context
- Experience of Remote Conferencing Organisation and Development
- Project Management and Co-ordination skills
- Research skills
- A passion for sustainability and the environment and experience with implementation of initiatives in these areas
- Ability to work to and manage budgets
- Proven experience in collaboration and the ability to build networks
This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation who are looking to develop solutions that meet the needs of their clients and partners as well as meeting sustainability and environmental commitments and goals for future generations.
To find out more about this role please contact REED Business Support Cambridge or apply online today.