REED Engineering are proud to support our specialist client in their search for a Component Technician on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will confirm acceptability of alternative components proposed by an automated best match system and approving parts for purchase.
- Assisting with the acceptability of alternative components proposed by an automated best match system and approving parts for purchase
- Supporting with the identification of alternative parts suitable to the customer specification to offset lead time issues
- Assisting with identification and removal of duplicate part numbers
- Assisting with identification of stock and non-stock consumables items on customer Bill Of Materials (BOMs)
- Assisting with the assessment and improvement of current automated component matching systems
- Importing of completed and verified BOMs into the system
- Verifying customer BOM conversion pre-import
- Supporting implementation of relevant business systems within the department
- Previous experience of electronics manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify components
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages particularly Excel
- Ability to read and interpret customer drawings and schematics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Excellent opportunity to join one of the market leaders in their field supporting diverse industries across the globe.
All applicants will need to be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to obtain SC clearance.