Group Compliance Officer required in Bristol
Location - Bristol
Employment Type - Full Time - Permanent
Salary - Up to £38,000 depending on experience
Hours Per Week - 37.5
Our client is seeking a Group Compliance Officer to join their team in Bristol.
They are a dynamic business enjoying strong performance and growth with a vision to be the leading provider of competitive insurance products to personal and business consumers.
The role will be based in Bristol and will involve working across multiple locations within the Group requiring travel to all sites including Newcastle, Southampton, Gibraltar and South Africa.
- With the Group Head of Governance for Risk & Compliance, create the compliance strategy for the group, establishing critical measurements, associated control systems and continuous improvement.
- Develop a tactical road-map, or Compliance Plan, for the function to ensure the strategic goals are met.
- Report progress against Compliance Plan to the ARCC.
- Develop and review standards of conduct to ensure that the Company is compliant, and that processes are in place for evaluation and continual improvement.
- Ensure the appropriate policy and procedures are in place and embedded within the business.
- Complete thematic reviews based on current Compliance concerns.
- Gain buy-in as a trusted advisor and partner to the business, identifying areas requiring corrective action or opportunities for improvement, along with providing recommendations that are commercially focused.
- Provide Compliance based consultancy to group functions throughout the product life-cycle to ensure regulatory compliance needs are continually met
- Report any violations or potential violations of compliance or regulatory standards.
- Embed ‘treating customer fairly’ within the Company culture, implementing measures to ensure ingrained within the business.
- Oversee, guide and ensure the continual development of the Compliance Consultants
- Ensure that all internal and external documentation comply with the relevant regulatory codes.
- Train or advise staff at all levels on regulations and how to maintain compliance to them.
- Develop a culture of compliance in all business areas.
- Handle compliance exceptions in a professional, structured and pragmatic manner.
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory rules and principles including COCON
Qualifications and Experience:
For your application to be successful, you will need to demonstrate a generalist Compliance background from within the insurance industry – either from an insurer or broker. As well as this, you will need to have the confidence and credibility to work with all manner of stakeholder groups.
You will need to have experience of delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews and have an in-depth knowledge of FCA regulations, notably ICOBS, CONC, PERG, FIT, PROD, CASS and SYSC. You must be commercially sensitive whilst considering business and regulatory risks and that you have strong business knowledge and a thorough understanding of insurance products, distribution and processes.
You will be a confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and have well-developed influencing skills. It’s important that and have strong analysis skills and that you can effectively problem solve. You must be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
If you think this is the role for you, please apply now.