PART TIME 2 DAYS A WEEK -
I am seeking a accountancy qualified ( ACCA /CIMA /ACA ) professional that ideally has previous experience of working in a company secretary role. You will be used to working with high-level executives /Directors to ensure the company complies with Financial and legal requirements, as well as maintaining a high level of corporate governance.
This role will report to both the MD and FD.
Duties will include:
- prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points
- take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House, the UK's registrar of companies
- ensure policies are kept up to date and approved by the committee
- maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders
- contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance and property
- develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- pay dividends and manage share option schemes and take a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers
- maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company - in a publicly listed company
- monitor the administration of the company's pension scheme - this may be a requirement in some smaller companies
- enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
- manage the office space and deal with personnel administration and insurance for employees, equipment and premises
- oversee PR relating to aspects of financial management.