We are currently recruiting for a Community Support worker for our client covering the Lowestoft area. This is a part time role working 17.5 hours per week.
If you have experience in working in a support role involving education, training or employment this could be the perfect role for you.
Are you a flexible yet resilient individual with lots of integrity, a positive attitude and experience of helping vulnerable clients with multiple needs - preferably individuals with an offending background?
You’ll be responsible for providing a high level service to a caseload of vulnerable clients with multiple and complex barriers that include housing issues, debt, long term unemployment and criminal records. As well as undertaking individual assessments, we’ll rely on you to deliver group work activities aimed at offenders across the region with an identified ETE needs.
• Experience of working with ex-offenders, giving appropriate advice & guidance and making rational judgments from the available information and analysis
• A proven ability to deliver training, participate in group work activity, work unsupervised and make effective judgements about risk and safety as required
• The ability to maintain effective client records and follow up all client interaction with relevant organisations whilst maintaining appropriate case notes
• Strong IT skills, including proven experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook in a similar work environment and working with a case database on a day-to-day basis
• Awareness of and commitment to safeguarding practices and policies, and ability to promote safeguarding among vulnerable clients and colleagues
• Due to the role covering the Norfolk & Suffolk area, access to own transport would be beneficial
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervision, season ticket loan and much more. Enhanced DBS will be required.