Seeking an immediately available experienced Communications Officer to cover long term sickness.
Full time working 35 hours per week
A standard DBS is required due to the nature of the work
This is an exciting opportunity an ideal role for a proactive individual with excellent written and oral communication skills. This individual will have strong interpersonal skills who can work to deadlines on their own initiative and will be used to speaking with members of the public to resolve resident concerns.
The role will sit within a busy department who undertake construction and engineering works in social housing.
1. To support the development and delivery of communications and marketing projects and plans in line with the Communications team’s forward plan.
2. To develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with a range of colleagues across the council, and with external partners.
3. To contribute to the reputation and positioning of the new communications and change function, both in a personal capacity and as part of the wider Chief Executive’s team.
4. To work as part of the Communications Team, in developing and delivering a series of targeted communications and marketing campaigns, including campaign planning, updating webpages, copy-writing, and liaising with designers and printers to create publicity materials.
5. To support delivery of the staff engagement strategy by contributing to a range of internal channels, including the weekly production of ICbulletin, the creation of ICnews, helping to manage events and providing regular izzi updates.
6. To provide copywriting, photographic, video/audio and editorial content creation as requested including commissioning and briefing external suppliers, ensuring their suitability for the purpose, and within an agreed budget.
7. To regularly update online channels (including the council’s website and intranet, and social media channels) ensuring that copy is written to a high standard and is clear, concise, informative and useful, and complies with corporate and legal standards.
8. To contribute effectively to the team’s forward planning processes, including proactively offering ideas, and planning proactive communications and media activity.
9. To work as part of the media team, receiving, logging and responding to media enquiries. This will involve dealing with sometimes sensitive issues and confidential information, as well as speaking to senior council officers and elected Members to agree appropriate responses.
10. To use insight and intelligence to help identify options to best reach specific target audiences.
11. To be fully aware of and abide by legal duties and requirements – particularly the local government code of practice, data protection regulations, and codes of practice for advertising and direct marketing.
12. To understand the main principles of public sector equality duty and relevance to communications. Specifically, to understand and champion principles of accessibility in communications work.
13. To quality assure publicity materials produced through the self-serve templates system, checking publicity for quality of writing, imagery and message before signing off for print.
Please apply online with an up to date CV